PARENT/GUARDIAN CONFERENCE DAY – OCTOBER 28, 2019
Connecting home and school helps make a great community of learners, which is why Wyoming Middle School will be hosting Parent-Teacher Conferences on Monday, October 28 from 11:00 – 7:00. We will be using an Internet-based booking system from PickATime to coordinate your meeting times. The booking system will be open from October 14-24, allowing you to use your browser to select which teacher(s) you would like to meet and when. Conference appointments will be held in 10-minute increments.
Go to the District’s website at http://www.wyomingcityschools.org and click on Parents; click on the Parent Teacher Conference link to begin the sign-up process.
1. Enter your email address and push “Login/Create Account”
2. Fill in the required fields and register
3. For each child, enter their student ID, their security value (DOB: xx/xx/xxxx), and push “Add”.
1. Each colored square represents an available meeting time. The legend shows you what teacher corresponds to what color. (Note: You will not see all of the teachers; just the set of teachers your child(ren) have for class). Click on a square to book that time.
2. After setting when you want the reminder email to be delivered, click “Create Appointment”. Repeat until you have a time with each teacher with which you would like to visit.
° At any time, you can click on “printable” schedule to get a hard copy of your schedule
° If you want to make changes to your schedule, you can log in at any time with your email and password
°If you have more than one appointment, they will be hidden. Click on the blue circle to the left of your name at the top of the screen to show your appointments. Links will be available to modify the time or cancel the appointment
If you do not have internet access and/or need assistance, please contact Mrs. Warmack, Principal’s Administrative Assistant, at 513-206-7170; she will assist you in scheduling conference times. In the event you are not able to schedule a conference on October 28, please feel free to contact the teacher. Every effort will be made to accommodate your request for a conference.
Jennifer Klein Drew Renner
Principal Assistant Principal
FRIDAY VIDEO ANNOUNCEMENTS
WMS STUDENTS INTESTED IN WRESTLING
Wrestling Meeting on 10/10 at 3:30pm in the middle school cafeteria
LOST AND FOUND
Please check out the Lost and Found. We are beginning to overflow with items. Remember when you stop in to look, you will need your Driver’s License. We will need to scan and give you a badge.
GET YOUR SPIRIT WEAR AT THESE POP-UP EVENTS
The 2019 Spirit Wear calendar of events is underway! Check out the schedule below for pop-up events! The spirit wear program has raised over $65,000 since its inception in 2012. The proceeds are equally split between the Wyoming Athletic Boosters Association and the Wyoming Parent Student Association.
You can visit the spirit wear shop 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday located in The T-Shirt Co., 413 Northland Blvd, Forest Park, 45240.
THE DEADLINE TO BE IN THE PSA PRINT DIRECTORY HAS BEEN EXTENDED!
Did you forget to donate to the Freedom from Fundraising campaign prior to September 27th? We get it. Life happens. The good news is, the DEADLINE TO DONATE and be in the print directory has been EXTENDED until October 8th! Click on the link to donate:
IF YOU DONATED TO PSA ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 27TH, PICK UP YOUR SWAG AT THE WYOMING FALL FESTIVAL!
Over 600 households have already declared Freedom from Fundraising! If you have donated, be sure to stop by the PSA booth at the Fall Festival and pick up your swag! Can’t make it to Fall Festival? Stay tuned for future pick up dates!
Zero Waste Lunch Update and PSA Green Team News
Thanks to everyone for their support during our first Zero Waste Lunch of this year and the first Zero Waste Lunch district-wide ever. It was a great success!
The Primary students (who really have it down) reduced their waste by 40%! This is an impressive reduction. The Middle School reduced their waste by 17% and overall they have decreased waste significantly (even on regular lunch days) from where they began last year. The High School received two new waste sorting stations thanks to a grant from Hamilton County. This is an exciting development and now all the schools have these stations which help reduce cafeteria waste every day. We expect to see significant improvement at the High School for the next ZWL on November 21st.
Thanks again to all parents and students for your help in this effort. Every little bit counts!
Also, the Green Team will have a booth at this year’s Fall Festival on October 5th. We will be collecting small electronics and “Terracycle” items below:
• Chip bags – all sizes
• Foil lined granola, energy, etc. bar wrappers
• Empty toothpaste tubes with caps, floss containers, toothbrushes and packaging
• Deodorant containers with caps, soap, skin and hair care packaging, cosmetics packaging, used mascara wands
• Brita and PUR dispensers, bottles, filters, pitchers, faucet filtration and packaging
• Clean and dry #6 rigid plastic cups like Solo cups
• Glue sticks, dried up markers, empty tape dispenser parts
And in order to further assist our kids in reducing waste during lunch, we will be selling reusable cutlery. The proceeds of which will go to a tree planting effort at Hilltop School. Please come by our booth!
If you have any questions about the PSA Green Team please contact Lauren Albarella at email@example.com or Elizabeth O’Keefe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSA Dine & Donate Events
PSA is offering two Dine & Donate events next week. Click each to learn more!
Sunday, October 6: PSA Dine & Donate Event 12-9 p.m. Dairy Queen Woodlawn
Monday, October 7: PSA Dine & Donate Event 4-9 p.m. Raising Cane’s Tri-County
Wyoming High School Alumni Association Cowboys Comeback!
This year the Wyoming Alumni Association will be hosting its first Cowboy Comeback! This event is geared toward all WHS graduates and all present and former teachers and staff of Wyoming City Schools. The Alumni Association is hoping to provide a fun event that helps all the people that have made Wyoming a great place reconnect!
WHEN? October 5th, 2019
WHERE? Centennial Barn, 110 Compton Road, Cincinnati, OH 45215
TIME to be on the dance floor: 8 PM – Midnight WITH DJ DIAMOND!!!
WHY? TO HAVE FUN & continue WHS Alumni Association scholarship traditions!
HOW MUCH? $30 per person
DJ Diamond – Cash Bar – Giveaways – Early & Late Appetizers
Pay on the Website: http://www.wyominghighschoolalumni.com
Venmo @Jim-Barre-WHSAA with all guests’ names
Any questions or concerns? Contact Justin Buckner at
Justin_buckner@hotmail.com or 513-376-2692
Wyoming School Music Association (WSMA) membership information
Hello Wyoming Music Supporters! A BIG thank you from WSMA to those of you who have already submitted your memberships and signed up to sell chip wheelies. They’ve had a great response so far. If you haven’t joined WSMA for the 2019-20 school year, it’s never too late to join us in supporting music in our schools.
Visit WSMA’s website at http://www.wyomingmusic.org/membership. You can submit your membership electronically or print a form to mail. If you have any questions about WSMA membership or want to get more involved, please call Lisa Duke or Martha Montgomery for information.
WSMA supports music in grades K-12 by funding purchases such as new instruments, music stands, risers, acoustic enhancements and student scholarships! We also provide volunteers, teacher support and publicity to help promote the importance of music education in our school district. We would love to have you join us in supporting music for
WSMA’s Beats, Eats, and Treats at CWC, the Restaurant
Tuesday, October 15th
Come for a casual gathering with yummy food and deeelicious music. To complement the brilliance of our fine Wyoming student performances, CWC will serve savory eats by the bite in the first wave and sweet treats by the bite in the second. Choose a ticket for the first session (5 p.m.-6:45 p.m.) or the second session (7:15 p.m.-9p.m.) — or buy one ticket to attend both sessions. Net proceeds go back to Wyoming School Music Association (WSMA) and a full bar will be available throughout the event for separate purchase (alcoholic beverages not included in the price of the ticket). Register here: https://wyomingmusic.org/fundraisers/beats-eats-and-treats/our kids – joining is easy!
Experience The Lounge at the Wyoming Fine Arts Center: 6-9 p.m. Friday, October 11
Enjoy an evening of live jazz, including seasonal beverages and lite bites by CWC, The Restaurant, at the Wyoming Fine Art Center with the option to add on childcare in the Wyoming Civic Center candlepin bowling alley on Friday, October 11:
Registration is NOW OPEN for the WYOMING CHILDREN’S THEATRE CAMP
“Jack and the Beanstalk” is available for Wyoming Kindergarteners – 6th grade students on November 11-16 – all held in Fay Auditorium!
Missoula Children’s Theatre travels the world producing one-week theatre residencies, and we are thrilled to bring their expertise and enthusiasm to Wyoming for our younger students to experience the theatre!
“JACK AND THE BEANSTALK” : What happens when a young boy plants Wonder Beans in his own backyard? For Jack, it is the beginning of a great adventure. With a little help from P.T. Wonder and a Giant, Jack learns a valuable lesson about true happiness. This musical production also features a host of other characters, including the Elegant Harp, Jill, Mother, Milky White, the Farmers, the Merchants, the Circus Performers – and the Wonder Beans.
Theatre Camp Information:
• This camp is only for Wyoming students in Kindergarten – 6th grade.
• This camp will run November 11 – 16, Monday – Friday from 4 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. There are two shows on Saturday, November 16 at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Students must be available the entire week in order to participate.
• If you register and pay for the camp, your student is guaranteed a role in “Jack and the Beanstalk”.
• All students will audition for their individual part/role on Monday between 4 – 6 p.m. After the audition, some students will stay for rehearsal that evening and some will be finished for the day. After the students learn their roles, they will receive a rehearsal schedule for the rest of the week (Kindergarten and 1st graders will not stay past 6 p.m. on school nights). Students MUST be available for the FULL WEEK of rehearsals – they will not be excused for appointments or practices when they are called to rehearse.
• Students do NOT have to prepare anything for the audition! The Missoula directors will ask students to act and sing various things, but no advance preparation is necessary – just bring a smile and good attitude.
• The cost to participate is $160 per student.
• A full week of rehearsals with professional directors,
• Two fully produced musical performances – with a full set and costumes from Missoula,
• Snacks during every rehearsal break time,
• Pizza dinner between the two shows on Saturday,
• Two tickets to each show (additional tickets will be available for purchase),
• and an amazing experience to learn about and appreciate the world of musical theatre!
Limited spaces available – once it is full in any given age group, we will start a wait list.
Register now at https://wyomingmusic.org/fundraisers/drama-fundraisers/register-now-for-jack-and-the-beanstalk/