Pennies for Patients
The Middle School will kick off our annual Penny Wars to raise money for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society March 9-13th. We will be one of 30, 000 schools nationwide to participate in this fundraiser.
What is Leukemia Lymphoma? This is a type of blood cancer that affects millions of Americans each year. Many times, people who suffer from blood cancer go through treatment for as long as three years.
How can you help? Bring in your pennies and other change! At lunch we will collect pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, as well as bills. You care competing against the other classes to have lunch in the courtyard. Pennies and bills will count positively toward your grade’s total, and silver coins will count against your total. So save those silver coins to put in the OTHER classes’ boxes at lunch!
Good luck and don’t forget that we start on Monday!
Middle School Strings Concert – March 10
Pendery Center for the Arts
Tuesday, March 10th
5th and 6th grade at 6:30 pm
7th and 8th grade at 8:00 pm
• Rehearsal for all students will take place at the Middle School. No travel to the High School will be done for this concert.
• Please drop off all cellos and basses before school on Tuesday morning. You can enter the glass doors by the mirrored hallway. Because these instruments are not regularly at school, they need time to acclimate.
• Violin and viola players should bring their instrument before the concert.
• Concert attire is String performance blue polo, black pants or skirt with legging and a dark dress shoe. If your child needs a shirt, please bring in $15 for a replacement.
• 5th and 6th grade violin/viola players bring instruments to the concert by 6:00.
• 7th and 8th grade violin/viola players bring instruments to concert by 7:30 pm.
Looking forward to sharing our work with you!
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Lynn Denney & Laura Coomer
All City Choir Concert – March 12
Who: 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Choirs, WHS Concert Choir, WHS Chorale
What: All singers in WMS choirs and WHS choirs
When: Thursday, March 12th
Where: WHS Pendery Center for the Arts
Time: The concert starts at 7:00 p.m.
*7th, 8th, and all WHS choir students should arrive by 6:00 p.m. – we rehearse together first.
*5th and 6th Grade students should arrive by 6:40 p.m. in the WHS choir room.
What to Wear:
7th and 8th Grade students should wear black dress shoes, khaki pants, choir polo shirt
5th and 6th Grade should wear black dress bottoms (pants/skirt), white dress shirt,
blouse, etc. Tie for boys. Black shoes for all.
WHS choir students should wear all black performance attire.
Women – Choir Dresses, black shoes. Men – All black dress shirt, pants, blue school tie.
Wyoming Middle School Scholastic Book Fair
Stop into the Learning Commons for a book or two for Spring Break!
• Tuesday, March 10 through Friday, March 13.
• Open each day from 7:30 AM until 3:30 PM.
• Open late on Thursday until 6:30 PM
• We will again be offering Scholastic eWallet –secure, cash-free way to put money on account for your student.
For more information – click here
NEED OF VOLUNTEERS
Can you spare 2 hours to volunteer at this year’s book fair? Mrs. Reiber is in DESPARATE NEED of VOLUNTEERS as she will be teaching that week. If you are able to help, (or a grandparent) please sign up through sign up genius: Book Fair Volunteer Sign Up
Do you or someone you know have a child entering kindergarten in the fall?
If so, please visit the Wyoming City Schools Kindergarten Registration web page to learn about the new process, a pre-registration survey and important dates: Kindergarten Registration webpage.
Come see the 2020 Wyoming High School and Middle School Winterguard teams perform on Sunday, March 15!
The Wyoming Middle School team will perform “Pure Imagination” and the Wyoming High School team will perform “Dia De Los Muertose” at 8 p.m. Sunday, March 15, at Wyoming Middle School. Come see what all the excitement is about!
8th GRADE GIRLS INTERESTED IN HS SOCCER
There will be a meeting on April 1st at 7:30pm in the high school cafeteria for any girl interested in playing high school soccer next year. Any questions, contact Coach Karen Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org
HS CHEERLEADING TRYOUTS – 8TH GRADE GOING INTO HIGH SCHOOL
April 6, 3:45 – 5:45, April 7, 3:45 – 5:45, April 8, Open Gym, 3:30 – 5:00, April 9, Tryout Day, 4:00 – 6:00. Tryouts will be held in Pendery Lobby