LUNCH MENU 4/24/17-4/28/17
- Monday – Chicken Nuggets
- Tuesday – Soft Taco w/ brown rice
- Wednesday – Cincinnati Chili – 3 way
- Thursday – Asian Chicken
- Friday – Papa John’s Pizza or Sloppy Joe Sandwich
We have 3 great authors coming to WMS over the next couple of weeks. Here is a very brief synopsis of the 3 authors and when they are coming and for which grades! Mark your calendar! Order forms are attached to get a book autographed with your student! You are welcome to stop in at Fay for the author appearance.
Geoff Rodkey—5th Graders on April 28th @ 12:15
- Author: Tapper Twin Series (realistic fiction grade 4 & >) and The Egg Chronicles (5/6 and up)
- Writer: Film, TV, Magazines, Newspapers and Video Games
- Best known for his movies: Daddy Day Care and Disney’s Shaggy Dog
- He is going to talk about:
– Geoff’s background as a writer (film/TV/books)
- Geoff’s childhood and how/why he became a writer
- Some basic principles of storytelling (how to ransack your personal life for story ideas, etc.
- A short introduction to the TAPPER TWINS.
Dan Gemeinhart – for 7th Graders on May 9th @ 9:00am
- Teacher then Librarian and now author
- The Honest Truth –like a fault in Our Stars for the younger students 5/6. I loved this book!
- and he is touring on his newest book Scar Island—a fun adventure book about a rough reformatory school where the cruel adults meet with an untimely accident and kids takeover the school—a little bit like Lord of the Flies.
Doreen Cronin –for 6th Graders on May 10th @ 12:15
- Lawyer turned author
- Best Known:
- Picture Books like Click, Clack Moo has many other children’s books
- Touring on her 1st Middle School Novel–Cyclone
Buffalo Wings and Rings (Finneytown) Dine and donate: Thursday, April 20th – Wyoming City Schools PSA will receive 10% of all dine-in food sales made between 5pm and 8pm. You must present the flyer!
LaRosa’s Dine and Donate: Sunday, April 23rd – Wyoming City Schools PSA will receive 10% of any dine-in, carryout or delivery order. You must present the flyer!
We are excited to announce a new partnership with 1st Day School Supplies! We have collaborated with 1st Day School Supplies to help parents and teachers get the exact supplies needed for next school year without the hassle and aggravation of shopping at Wal‐Mart, Target or Staples. 1st Day School Supplies is convenient, easy and hassle free! Plus, the prices are competitive! So, this summer as the temperature hits over 100 degrees and lines at the checkout counter are a mile long … your school supplies will have already been purchased from the comfort of your own home! You can make your purchase right now, get started by clicking the link below:
The BEST Way to Buy Back-to-School Supplies!
- The Exact School Supplies Your Teacher Requested
- Trusted Brands Like:
- Featuring: Backpacks, Lunch Coolers, & Water Bottles
2017 Wyoming Football Signups:
Wyoming Middle School Football Signups:
- Tuesday, April 25, 3:10pm in MS Gym (Incoming 7th and 8th Graders)
Wyoming High School Freshmen Football Signups:
- Thursday, April 27, 3:10pm in MS Gym (Incoming 9th graders)
Middle School Cheerleading Tryouts are April 25th, 26th and 27th from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Middle School gym. Anyone trying out must be there each of those days. Packets need to be completed in advance and are available in the Middle School office.
Bogey Round Up – May Fete Golf Outing, Friday May 5th! Kick off the golf season at the 35th Annual May Fete Golf Outing on Friday, May 5th, hosted by the Wyoming Golf Club. This golf outing is for all golf abilities and is one of several fundraising events held in conjunction with May Fete. It is a great opportunity to get a group of friends,neighbors, or business associates together to play at the beautiful Wyoming golf course and support our schools at the same time! On Friday, May 5th, 2017 your contribution of $100 per player entitles you to a full day of activities at the Wyoming Golf Club, 81 Mt. Pleasant Ave., including lunch, dinner, and prizes! Questions? Contact Fritz Horne 821-8570 Register by April 28th Make checks payable to: Wyoming May Fete Return by April 28th to: Wyoming May Fete c/o Fritz Horne 81 Mt. Pleasant Ave. Wyoming, OH 45215
May Fete – Friday May 19th!
There are lots of ways to volunteer for PSA’s biggest fundraiser, May Fete! It takes hundreds to make this event happen and we need your help. Please contact Tia Draper (Babyt1980@hotmail.com) or 513-478-9282 to fill a games booth shift.
Your kids will love seeing your support during their favorite event of the year!
Help needed to run games at Peeweeville
We still need many parent and/or student volunteers to help run the games in Peeweeville at May Fete. Middle School and High School students are welcome and encouraged to volunteer. Please click on the following link to sign-up or find out more details: http://signup.com/go/LXiGZC
We’re using SignUp.com (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.
Please sign up for May Fete Peeweeville Games!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/LXiGZC
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
*We are also in need of Chairs for Fast Pitch and Cow Bell! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0948adae29aafc1-20177 http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0948adae29aafc1-20171 Your kids will love seeing your support during their favorite event of the year!!
2017 Wheel-A-Thon Fundraiser – Packets will be coming home THIS WEEK. Parents, ask your kids so they can start the collection process! Who: All Wyoming Kids K-5th grade When: Saturday, April 29th 12:00-3:00 What: Bikes, Scooters, Rollerblades, Skateboards • All non-motorized wheels welcome Where: Tohatchi and Abilene Trail cul-de-sac: 1 mile bike loop Why: Fundraiser for Wyoming School Needed: 20-25 Volunteers to assist with various roles: Registration, Bake Sale, Set Up, Event Chaperone, etc. Please contact Tia Draper (Babyt1980@hotmail.com) or 513-478-9282. Or view direct on Sign Up Genius: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0948adae29aafc1-wyoming
Wyoming Science and Technology Camp Registration Begins! (previously Science Olympiad- same great events with an added technology component)
- Where: The Wyoming Middle School
- When: Weeks of June 19-23 or June 26-30
- Contact: Email or call Brenda Pantalone for more firstname.lastname@example.org, 948-9411
- See the following flyer wyoming-science-and-technology-camp-flyer-and-registration-form-2017