LUNCH MENU – 12/12/16-12/16/16
- Monday – Chicken Nuggets with dipping sauce
- Tuesday- Burrito Bowl
- Wednesday – Pasta and Meat Sauce
- Thursday – Cincinnati Chili Cheese Coney
- Friday – Specialty Pizza or BBQ Pulled Pork
7th and 8th Grade Choir Concert When: Thursday, December 15th Where: PENDERY AUDITORIUM
* Please note that this is a change from the school calendar.
- What to Wear: Choir Polo Shirt, Khaki Pants, black shoes. Time: 7:00 p.m. Student Arrival Time: 6:45 p.m.
- 7th Grade should meet in the WHS choir room
- 8th Grade should meet in Pendery Auditorium, student section.
See the choir website for more information. http://wyomingchoirs.weebly.com/wms-choir.html
Perfect North Slopes is OPEN so, our SKI BUS is rolling!!!
Wyoming 7-12th Graders – Please use the link below to sign up for the Wyoming Ski Bus for this Friday, December 16th.
The bus arrives at the Wyoming HS Tennis Courts at 3:30pm and leaves promptly at 4pm.
You must have these items:
1) Ski Bus Pass or bring $20.00 cash
2) Signed Wyoming Ski Club/Medical Release form already turned in or bring it with you.
3) Signed the Perfect North Slopes electronic release form online at PNS or bring a signed & printed one with you.
We suggest you bring a snack/drink or money for dinner with you. No eating or drinking on the bus. No school backpacks, only a ski/board equipment/bag.
* Ski Bus Pass holders will be accepted on the Ski Bus first, all riders and chaperones must use the Sign Up Genius online by Thursday at 9am. Pay-As-Go Riders (riders without Ski Bus Pass) will be accepted if there is room on bus or if we have enough add-on riders will can get a 2nd bus.
Lost and Found – Please come and check our lost and found for any missing items of your student’s. Anything that is not claimed by the end of winter break will be donated to Valley Interfaith Food and Clothing.
The 5th Grade Science Olympiad Club starts on Tuesday 12/13/16 in Mr. Kassner’s classroom at WMS from 3:30 pm to 5 pm – On this day we will go over what this club is all about and get members ready to learn and have fun. Club will run on Tuesdays – January 3, 10, 24 and 31. No practice 1/17 due to No school. Members will learn about 4 Science Olympiad events – Picture This, Crime Busters, Gliders and Bottle Rocket. On February 7, 2017 from 3:30 to 5 pm we will hold a Mini Meet where club members will compete in the 4 events. If your child would like to participate, please fill in the information requested in our sign up. Participation is limited to 20 participants max. Also, we are asking parents to sign up to donate snacks on club days, if they wish to.
For more information or questions: contact Christy Brown by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and join our Facebook parents page: Wyoming Middle School Sci Oly Parent Page
May Fete 2017 – Even though winter break is almost here, it’s already time to prep for May Fete! Wyoming PSA (Parent School Association) is looking for a May Fete Volunteer Coordinator. This role confirms returning committee chairs and recruits for any open committee chair positions. This is a great opportunity to network if you’re new to volunteering—or if you’re an experienced volunteer, it is an excellent way to use your network for our children’s benefit. All work can be done from the comfort of your home on your own schedule. Contact Chad Harness if you’re interested at email@example.com.
ATTENTION ALL STRING PARENTS – Next week is our holiday concert-Tuesday, December 13.
- 5th and 6th grade orchestras perform at 6:30
- 7th and 8th grade orchestras perform at 8:00
- Cello and bass players please prepare to drop your instrument at the high school on Tuesday morning before school.
- Violin and viola players bring your instrument with you on Tuesday evening.
- Concert attire is a performance blue polo, black pants or skirt with leggings, and a dark dress shoe. If you were unable to order a polo, please let us know. We do keep a supply on hand.
We can’t wait to share the growth we’ve seen in these orchestras.
It takes a village to raise a child…
And to raise a child with special needs, it takes more. Positive Paths is a grass-roots support group for parents of children with special needs. Special needs includes any learning, developmental, medical, behavioral or mental issues your child might be struggling with, such as dyslexia, ADHD, brain injuries, autism, food allergies, cerebral palsy, etc.
Positive Paths meets at 7:30 p.m. every 2nd Wednesday of each month in the Wyoming Civic Center. The next meeting is December 14th with a special guest speaker from Hamilton County Development Disabilities Services (HCDDS). HCDDS promotes opportunities for people with developmental disabilities to fully participate in their communities. Feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The 6th graders will be collecting “wish list” food and supplies from Dec 5-16 to be given to the Ronald McDonald House. There is a wide variety of items such as paper plates, batteries, household cleaners, copy paper, etc. Please go to the following link for a complete list of items wish-list-gr6-blog
Please have your child place your donation in the collection bin in their classroom. They will make cards for the children staying at the Ronald McDonald House during their Winter Party on Dec 16. Thank you!
The 5th graders will be collecting dental hygiene products from Dec. 5- Dec. 16 to donate to Valley Interfaith Food and Clothing Center. Please send donations such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, etc. to school with your child to place in the collection bin in their classroom. They will assemble bags of products during their Winter party on 12/16. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!
Buffalo Wings and Rings (Finneytown) Dine and Donate: Thursday, December 15th – Wyoming City Schools PSA will receive 10% of all dine-in food sales made between 5pm and 8pm. You must present the flyer! Go to the following link for the flyer wings-and-rings-dine-and-donate
ITEMS OF INTEREST
Wednesday, December 14 (4-7pm)
Joseph-Beth Booksellers Book Fair Coming to WMS
- When: December 12-15 (Monday-Thursday)
- Where: Learning Commons @ Wyoming Middle School
- Time: Daily 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Family Night: Tuesday, Dec. 13th Open 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM
Give the gift of reading this holiday season! If you would like to volunteer to help please contact: email@example.com or 206-7190.
Yearbooks Are On Sale!
Yearbooks are available to purchase from Walsworth for $25 (You may have received emails from Walsworth, our yearbook company. Lifetouch takes our photos.)
- Please go to https://yearbookforever.com/#
- Type in Wyoming Middle School and make your selection.
************Order By December 17, 2016 for the lowest price************
- Price rises to $30 after 12/17/2016
- Sale ends 1/13/17