SOCIAL MEDIA TECH HELP – You Asked… We Delivered.
This year at May Fete do more than avoid silly string ambushes and hand out 5 dollar bills!
The Social Media Task Force is partnering with DiStasi’s at 400 to offer you the opportunity to sit down with your own personal “Tech Guru” and learn how to protect your family from pitfalls associated with the digital age. Based on your feedback from events this year, we heard that you would like a one-on-one help session to assist you through a variety of safety precautions, including but not limited to locking down privacy settings on your kid’s favorite apps and games, the in’s and out’s of parental controls and location services, etc. Additionally, for a quick stop, we will provide handouts on a wide variety of pertinent topics and would welcome you to visit and chat. As a community, one of the most important tools we have in facing down these challenges are the conversations we share about how to cultivate healthy relationships with technology for our families!
Please stop by DiStasi’s at 400 from 2-6pm on MayFete, and enjoy a select menu of food & drinks for our event. Secure your spot now through the SignUpGenius Link:
Wyoming High School Theatre Arts will perform Neil Simon’s 45 Seconds from Broadway at the Pendery Center for the Arts on Saturday, May 21st at 7:30 P.M. and Sunday, May 22nd at 2:00 P.M. This comedy is Mr. Simon’s homage to New York’s “Polish Tea Room” and its colorful cast of frequenters. Coffee, water, and snacks will be sold onstage before the performance and during intermission. Tickets are $5 and may be purchased online at showtix4u.com or by calling the theater box office at 513-206-7157.
Sports Physicals – Go to the following link for information about locations for sports physicals Beacon Physicals ALL DATES 2016.
We’re all deep into end-of-year events, sports, and May Fete. But! For next year, PSA still needs the following volunteers: Fundraising reps – Elm Fundraising reps – Hilltop Fundraising reps – Vermont Reps will assist our experienced Committee Chair, Michael Calloway, to collect and distribute Yankee Candle orders in the Fall. Easy and straightforward! Ends in Dec. WWEP Volunteer — the Winter Weekend Enrichment Program team needs a volunteer to help their teachers get state-required background checks. Will train. Easy-peasy. Ends in February or earlier. Student Directory Coordinator: be the interface between our ad sales team, database admin, printer and treasurer. A strong directory team is already in place and ready to go! Easy! Ends in Fall. Please contact Randi Kaplan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rosemary Miller email@example.com if interested! Parent Power!!
The May Fete Ticket Sale is quickly approaching! Morning and lunch volunteers are needed at WMS on Wednesday, May 18th and Thursday, May 18th. Please click on the link below to sign up to volunteer. Thanks!
*** Online ordering for May Fete tickets ends Wednesday, May 18th at 8PM ***
If you miss the deadline for online ordering, you can still send in your cash or check payment with your student on Thursday, May 19th.
Online ordering and the downloadable paper form can be found at www.wyomingpsa.com.
The May Fete Ticket Sale… It’s HERE!!
Visit www.wyomingpsa.com for ticket information, to order online, or download a paper order form.
- ONLINE SALE (for credit card payment) runs Friday, May 13th through 8pm on Wednesday, May 18th.
- PAPER SALES (for cash/check payment) will be collected at school on Wednesday, May 18th and Thursday, May19th.
- Tickets (both online and paper orders) will be distributed to students on Wednesday, May 18th or Thursday, May 19th, depending on when order is placed.
- IMPORTANT! Late orders cannot be accepted!
- QUESTIONS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are still in desperate need of more than FIFTY volunteers for the May Fete games booths! May Fete is less than two weeks away, and we need YOU!! Please, please, click on this link http://tinyurl.com/zaeabdy to sign up to work a games booth. There are lots of things to choose from, Cake Walk, Sucker Pull, Prize Booth, Skeeball, Face Paint, just to name a few. Thanks and as always we appreciate your support!
MAY FETE CAKE WALK
Our fun festival day is on the way and we need you to help us make the cake walk successful. Proceeds will benefit our PSA.
- How can I support the event? By donating baked goods (preferably individually wrapped), whole cakes and pies, or any sweet treats.
- Elementary school families – Drop these off in your school lobby on Thursday, May 19th.
- Middle and high school families – Drop these off on the porch of 726 Burns Ave on Thursday, May 19th.
See you at May Fete on Friday, May 20! Please click Link for additional details May Fete Sweets Flyer
Attention 8th Grade Parents – Please go to the following link for information regarding the 8th Grade Celebration Parent Celebration Letter 16. This information was also mailed home with the 3rd quarter report cards.
UPCOMING STRING INFORMATION:
8th Grade Strings – May 19th, Thursday Performance at Hilltop
- Please arrive at Hilltop with your instrument by 8:15 for our 3/4 grade Enrichment concerts. Around 11:00 students will have finished their 2 concerts and will be walking from Hilltop to the Middle School. Concert dress is our String Royal Blue Polo and casual, appropriate length bottoms.
5/8 (6:30) and 6/7 (8:00) String Performances on Tuesday, May 24th
- This final String Performance will take place on Tuesday, May 24th. We rearranged the combination of performers for this concert. The students in 5th and 8th grades will be performing at 6:30 at Wyoming High School. The students in 6th and 7th grades will be performing at 8:00 at Wyoming High School. Students are still required to wear their Royal Blue Polo and dress pants/appropriate length skirt. Students should arrive no earlier than 6:15 for the 6:30 performance and 7:45 for the 8:00 performance.
On Tuesday, the day of the performance, students should drop their instruments off at the High School in the Mirrored Hallway before school starts. Listed below are the times each grade will be practicing at the High School:
- 8th 8:15-9:45 (starts at HS)
- 5th 9:45-11:00
- 6th 12:00-1:30
- 8th 1:45-3:10 (dismissed from HS)
Looking forward to a terrific night of music. Please let us know if you have any questions,
Lynn Denney and Laura Coomer
Attention 6th grade parents: Please consider helping out for the 6th grade Field Day/Pool Party on 6/2 at the Rec Center. We want to make it a fun and safe day for our kids and we are in need of some extra hands 🙂 Thanks so much!
Use the link below… We appreciate your help!
LUNCH MENU – May 16-19
- Monday – Popcorn Chicken
- Tuesday – Taco in a Bag
- Wednesday – Cheezy Bread w/ Marinara
- Thursday – Brunch for Lunch
- Friday – Pizza or Crispy Fish on a Bun
“Interested in a new activity? Do you like to perform to music? Interested in learning how to spin a flag?
We currently are exploring interest in forming a Junior Color Guard at Wyoming Middle School for incoming 6-8th graders in the 2016/17 school year. If there is enough interest, we will request formation of a new club approval from the school board.
Junior color guard is open to boys and girls. Junior color guard will start in the fall 2016 and go till Mid-March 2017.
We will have an informational meeting on Monday May 23rd at 7 PM in the middle school cafeteria. Anyone interested is welcome to attend to learn more about Color Guard and the Pageantry Arts. If you cannot attend the meeting but have a student interested, or would just like more information, please feel free to contact Nikki DeWitt at email@example.com or Lisa Nocks at firstname.lastname@example.org. “
Wyoming Tennis Families:
- We will offer a (2) week tennis camp this summer running from June 6 to 17.
- Wyoming HS Varsity and Junior Varsity boys and girls are encouraged to attend.
- The tennis camp is open to all tennis players who are interested in improving their tennis game and competing in USTA tournament play.
- Please pass along the application to anyone you think it might apply. Currently accepting applications. 12 player limit.
- See attached application for more information WYOMING SUMMER TENNIS CAMP
SUMMER SPORTS CAMP INFORMATION
Wyoming High School offers many summer sport camps for primary and middle school student athletes who want to improve individual skills and have fun! Below is the information for all the camps that will be offered this summer. All checks are made payable to “Wyoming School Fund”. Pre registration is encouraged but walk ups are welcome.