YEARBOOK FLASH SALE! There will be a Flash Sale for our yearbooks now until midnight of Thursday, January 28, 2016 for only $30.00! On January 29, 2016 they will be $35.00 and not available after midnight of January 29, 2016. If you would like a yearbook, please order one now. We will not be ordering any extras to be sold at the end of the year. Go to the following link to order: https://yearbookforever.com and type in Wyoming Middle School. (Those who bought a book on January 25, 2016 for $35.00 will be refunded $5.00 from Walsworth. Checks are being processed now.)
Wyoming School Foundation “Denim & Diamonds” Event! Join Us!
There’s still time to join in the fun and support Wyoming City Schools! The Wyoming School Foundation will host their annual “Denim & Diamonds” event next Saturday, January 30. You won’t want to miss the rousing good time with the band “2nd Wind”! There will be a live auction, silent auction, dinner by the bite and much more!
All proceeds support Wyoming City Schools. Get your tickets today by going to the Wyoming School Foundation website! http://www.wyomingschoolfoundation.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=537
College Credit Plus College Information Fair
- February 9, 2016 from 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Princeton Professional Development Center, 3900 Cottingham Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45241
Please see the attached flyer for more information: CCP event program 020916
Last year, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) unveiled a new opportunity called College Credit Plus, designed for 7th through 12th grade students in Ohio public schools to earn high school and college credit (dual credit). For further information on College Credit Plus and the scheduling options it could provide for your child next school year, please review the information via this link to the WCS website: http://www.wyomingcityschools.org/academics/high-school/guidance/college-credit-plus/.
Social Media Task Force Event
The Wyoming Social Media Task force is pleased to present an expert panel discussion on the impact of social media usage on students and families. Please join us Wednesday, February 17 at 7 p.m. in the Wyoming High School Pendery Center to get answers to all of your questions and concerns about the health and wellness of your family in this digital age. The expert panel will include professionals from legal, medical, educational, and mental health fields who will share their perspectives and field questions from the audience about social media and technology usage and its impact on your family’s health and wellness. For more information, feel free to contact your social media task force at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wyoming PSA is holding a garden seed sale February 1-29. The proceeds from this sale will be used to help the primary schools purchase STEM and technology equipment. There are no individual incentives or prizes with this fundraiser and we hope that everyone in the community will participate. Please go to the following link for more information jan2016GardenSaleFlier
Saving for College – The Financial Planning for College session has been rescheduled for February 18th at 7:00 p.m. in the high school cafeteria. This program is open to ALL middle school families – not just 6th grade on up as the district calendar indicated.
Science Olympiad Summer Fun Camp, Grades K-6th
- June 20-24, 2016 OR June 27-July 1, 2016
- Wyoming Middle School, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Rate $225 (sibling discount $210)
- Registration begins January 15, 2016 and ends May 1, 2016. Go to the following link for the registration form SO Flyer and Registration Form
- Please contact Brenda Pantalone @ 948-9411 or email@example.com
The Wyoming Parent School Association is recruiting volunteers for the 2016-2017 school year. Part of what makes our district and community great is strong parent participation. Whether you are a new or experienced volunteer, your contribution is needed and appreciated! Visit www.wyomingpsa.org to download a volunteer form and learn about ways you can help. Questions? Contact Randi Kaplan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-476-1117. The nominating committee will be filling leadership positions during February and March. If you’d like to serve on the nominating committee, contact Rosemary Miller at email@example.com or 513-680-9439.
We look forward to working with you!
SAVE THE DATE for the Wyoming Youth Services Pancake Breakfast – This year’s breakfast will be celebrating the arrival of spring with a fun Under-the-Big-Top theme, at the Civic Center on March 12th (8-11:00 am). This marks the 15th year for this much-loved & anticipated community event. There will be great musical entertainment, a wandering magician, fun games for the kids, great silent auction & raffles items and, of course, the best pancakes in town. They are the best because they are made by dedicated volunteers that give their time year after year to help Wyoming Youth Services continue it’s mission: Strengthening our Community through Volunteerism, Prevention, and Support.
LUNCH MENU – January 25-29
- Monday – Chicken Nuggets with Dipping Sauce
- Tuesday – Burrito Bowls
- Wednesday – Pasta and Meat Sauce
- Thursday – Cincinnati Chili Cheese Coney
- Friday – Pizza or BBQ Pulled Pork on a Bun
Middle School Science Olympiad 5th grade teams meet afterschool until 5 pm tomorrow, Thursday,January 28th. If any team member is not getting emails please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dennis Brown at 513-213-2024
7th and 8th graders: Come to The Decades Dance!
- When: Friday, January 29 from 7-9
- What do I wear? An outfit from any decade
- Cost: $5.00
Also…. we will be selling lollipops, soda and popcorn! Remember, this dance is for WMS students only and you need to wear socks!
Attention: 7-12th GRADERS are invited to SKI, BOARD, or TUBE this Friday, Jan. 29th
1) Use SignUp Genius link below to get signed up by this Thursday at 9am and bring the two forms below signed.
2) PNS Waiver:
3) Wyoming Ski Bus Rider Form:
If you haven’t signed up for Wyoming Ski Bus, please print this form & bring it with the rider on Friday.
* NOTE: We meet at the HS tennis court parking lot at 3:30pm and the BUS promptly leaves at 4pm and you MUST have your FORMS with you and $20.00 if you have not already purchased a Ski Bus Pass.
* If you have never been before: FYI (Lift Ticket is purchased separate at PNS)
– a beginner lesson is included with your ski/board lift ticket (lift ticket is good for skiing, boarding, or tubing that evening only)
– if you mention the Wyoming Ski Club on Fridays between 4-9pm when you purchase your lift ticket you get our club discount
Any questions please contact us: Tracy Payne / Amsu Rajbhandari, Wyoming Ski Club, at email@example.com