Attention parents of girls in grades 3-5 – Girls on the Run is conducting registration for the Spring season at the Wyoming Rec Center. Today is the last day to register. The program begins on February 8. Please see attached document for further details about the program, as well as the link to register: Spring 2016 GOTR Registration Flyer
Yearbooks – Yearbooks are still on sale! The price for a yearbook is $30.oo until January 25th. After that, the price goes up to $35.00. The deadline to buy a yearbook is January 29th. Go to the following link to order: https://yearbookforever.com and type in Wyoming Middle School.
College Credit Plus College Information Fair
- February 9, 2016 from 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Princeton Professional Development Center, 3900 Cottingham Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45241
Please see the attached flyer for more information: CCP event program 020916
Last year, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) unveiled a new opportunity called College Credit Plus, designed for 7th through 12th grade students in Ohio public schools to earn high school and college credit (dual credit). For further information on College Credit Plus and the scheduling options it could provide for your child next school year, please review the information via this link to the WCS website: http://www.wyomingcityschools.org/academics/high-school/guidance/college-credit-plus/.
Wyoming PSA is holding a garden seed sale February 1-29. The proceeds from this sale will be used to help the primary schools purchase STEM and technology equipment. There are no individual incentives or prizes with this fundraiser and we hope that everyone in the community will participate. Please go to the following link for more information jan2016GardenSaleFlier
Saving for College – The Financial Planning for College session has been rescheduled for February 18th at 7:00 p.m. in the high school cafeteria. This program is open to ALL middle school families – not just 6th grade on up as the district calendar indicated.
Science Olympiad Summer Fun Camp, Grades K-6th
- June 20-24, 2016 OR June 27-July 1, 2016
- Wyoming Middle School, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Rate $225 (sibling discount $210)
- Registration begins January 15, 2016 and ends May 1, 2016. Go to the following link for the registration form SO Flyer and Registration Form
- Please contact Brenda Pantalone @ 948-9411 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Breathe, Love, Chill Middle School Yoga Grades 5-8 Date/Time: Jan 12 – Feb 16, 3:30-4:30 pm (No class Feb 19) Location: Civic Center Cost: $55M/$60R/$65NR – price pro-rated if starting mid-session
Does your child need to stretch and strengthen their growing body? Students learn to breathe and de-stress through the cold winter months. Discover your strength as you stretch deeper and hold poses a little longer. Yoga mats will be provided. Instructor: Cezarina Trone.
Beyond the Knit Stitch at Civic Center Grades 3-8 Date/Time: Jan 21 – Feb 18, 3:30-4:30 pm (No class Feb 19) Location: Civic Center Cost: $55M/$60R/$65NR Deadline to register: Tuesday, January 19
Learn the basics beyond knitting. Learn to purl, cast on and bind off and follow a basic pattern. Sign up with a friend and have a great time learning a new hobby. Materials will be supplied during class. Instructor: Laura Glassman.
JKO Karate Grades 5-8 Date/Time: Jan 21 – Feb 18, 3:30-4:30 pm (No class Feb 19) Location: Civic Center Cost: $55M/$60R/$65NR Deadline to register: Tuesday, January 19
Students will discover a fun, new way to stay fit and healthy while learning to focus energy for discipline and strength. These karate classes will renew energy levels, build confidence and learn life-long skills. Gi’s (white uniform) are available through JKO Cincinnati and are optional for this program. Instructor: Sensei Alex Dell.
Home Alone Ages 8-11 Date/Time: Jan 21 & Jan 28, W, 6-5:45 pm Location: Recreation Center Studio A Cost: $60M/$65R/$70NR Deadline to register: Tuesday, January 19
This interactive course teaches topics youth how to be safe and smart when staying home alone such as first aid, self-Heimlich Maneuver, reasons to call 911, fire escape plans, microwave safety, and how to problem solve out-of-the-ordinary situations.
LUNCH MENU – January 20-22
Wednesday – Cheesy Bread with Marinara Sauce
Thursday – Brunch for Lunch
Friday – Pizza or Crispy Fish on a Bun
Attention: 7-12th GRADERS are invited to SKI, BOARD, or TUBE this Friday, Jan. 22nd
1) Use SignUp Genius link below to get signed up by Thursday morning and bring the two forms below signed.
2) PNS Waiver: http://www.perfectnorth.com/pdfs/PNS_SkiBoardTube_Waiver.pdf
3) Wyoming Ski Bus Rider Form: If you haven’t signed up for Wyoming Ski Bus, please print this form & bring it with the rider on Friday.
* NOTE: We meet at the HS tennis court parking lot at 3:30pm and the BUS promptly leaves at 4pm and you MUST have your FORMS with you and $20.00 if you have not already purchased a Ski Bus Pass.
* If you have never been before: FYI (Lift Ticket is purchased separate at PNS)
- a beginner lesson is included with your ski/board lift ticket (lift ticket is good for skiing, boarding, or tubing that evening only)
- if you mention the Wyoming Ski Club on Fridays between 4-9pm when you purchase your lift ticket you get our club discount
Any questions contact: Amsu Rajbhandari and Tracy Payne, Wyoming Ski Club, email@example.com
7th and 8th graders: Come to The Decades Dance!
- When: Friday, January 29 from 7-9
- What do I wear? An outfit from any decade
- Cost: $5.00
Also…. we will be selling lollipops, soda and popcorn! Remember, this dance is for WMS students only and you need to wear socks!
Middle School Science Olympiad team schedule for January – afterschool until 5 pm
- Thursday January 21 – 6-9th grade teams
- Thursday January 28th – 5th grade teams
Team participation fee is past due – Checks should to be dropped off to Middle School Office, Attention: Sandy Strom