Interested in being a homeroom parent? Please send an email to your grade level Parent Advisory Council (PAC) Rep to let her know. After the school has finalized the class lists, PAC Reps will contact everyone who volunteered to confirm the homeroom parents for each classroom. Homeroom parents will be invited to an organizational meeting later this month (date/time to be announced).
WMS PAC Chair: Shawn Gilligan-Jones (email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>)
Grade 5 PAC Reps: Marcie Engelhardt (email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>)
and Rachel Obringer (email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>)
Grade 6 PAC Rep: Sandy Vanatsky (email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>)
Grade 7 PAC Rep: Katie Carmichael (email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>)
Grade 8 PAC Rep: Frannie Rogers (email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>)
PSA Staff Appreciation Luncheon Volunteer Request!
Hello Wyoming Families! The Wyoming Staff Appreciation Luncheon is fast approaching. It will be held on Tuesday, August 19th at noon in the Wyoming High School cafeteria. We still need some volunteers to help with lunch set up, serving and clean up. We also need some more items for the luncheon itself – an Italian Extravaganza! Please see the instructions below to sign up. We’re using VolunteerSpot to organize our upcoming activity:
- Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/RrYo9A
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
- Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Caroline Bohme Hagenauer at (513) 375-6171 and she will sign you up manually. Questions? Call Caroline. Thank you!
Attention Strings Students: We’d like grades 5, 7, and 8 string players to bring their instruments on Friday, August 22nd. Grade 6, bring instruments on the first day. Only violin and viola players bring instruments. Cello and bass players will use school instruments during the school day.
Come to the Wyoming String Round-Up for all new 5th grade String players on Friday, August 15th from 10:00-12:00. Ms. Denney and Ms. Coomer will be providing a morning camp of music, fun, games, food and activities to get you excited and ready for Fifth Grade at the WMS Modular Complex!
Bring: You & Your instrument!
Time of String Round-Up: 10:00am-12:00am
Place: Wyoming High School in Orchestra Rm.
Registration will be in the Mirrored Hallway!
News from the Learning Center:
We’re using VolunteerSpot (the leading online sign-up and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.
Please sign up for Learning Center Volunteers – here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot:http://vols.pt/41tNvN
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually. email@example.com Thank-you for helping us to make WMS a great place to learn!
Interested in Cross Country? Incoming 7th and 8th graders should contact coach Randy Nocks, [firstname.lastname@example.org] for information about the upcoming Middle School Cross Country season.
Sports Physical forms are available on-line at www.wyomingcityschools.org, select “Athletics”.
Important Upcoming Dates (WMSMC-Wyoming Middle School Modular Complex)
- August 12th – Middle School New Student Welcome 10:30 a.m. at Pendery Center in the High School. Ambassadors (current student helpers) arrive at 10:00 a.m.
- August 12th – Grades 5 & 6 Schedule Pick-up 5:00-7:00 p.m. at WMSMC
- August 13th – Grades 7 & 8 Schedule Pick-up 5:00-7:00 p.m. at WMSMC
- August 14th – Grade 5 Student/Parent Visit WMSMC 6:30 p.m.
- August 15th – Grade 5 Strings Round-up 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. at Pendery Center