REMINDERS FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS
Parents: Please do not drop students off in the gravel parking lot behind the middle school off of Burns Avenue. Students are not permitted in this area because it is not supervised by middle school staff. Please drop your child off in the designated area of the high school parking lot.
Since the weather is getting warmer, we want to remind everyone about the WMS Dress Code. Below is the dress code which is in the student handbook.
Students are expected to dress in a manner appropriate for school and conducive to a healthy, safe and orderly environment. Inappropriate dress is deemed such because it either (1) interferes with the student’s health and welfare or that of other students, (2) causes disruption or interferes with the educational process, (3) is excessively revealing
or distracting (i.e. too tight, shows undergarments) or expresses suggestive or inappropriate language, symbols or messages or (4) promotes, advertises, etc. the use of
tobacco, drugs, alcohol or similar substances.
The following examples of student dress have been determined to be unacceptable:
1. Exposed midriff
2. Any hats, sunglasses
3. Open-mesh or sleeveless jerseys, cut-off tee shirts, muscle shirts
4. Heavy coats being worn during class time
5. Sagging/bagging pants are not permitted. Oversized pants must be belted.
6. No spaghetti straps/off the shoulder tops or shorts that are cut excessively high or too tight
7. Skirts, dresses, skirt-shorts that are excessively short.
8. Underwear must not be exposed.
9. No roller skating shoes.
Students arriving at school dressed inappropriately will be required to call home to arrange for suitable clothing.
Ohio Achievement Assessments: Parents and Students please mark your calendars for the following dates when OAA’s will be administered.
- Reading – Thursday, April 24th
- Math – Tuesday, April 29th
- Science – Thursday, May 1st
8th GRADE REMINDER
WHO: Eighth Grade Parent/Guardian and Eighth Grade Student
WHAT: Parent Meeting, Tour and Activity Fair
WHEN: Tuesday, April 15th, 7 p.m.
WHERE: Wyoming High School Pendery Auditorium
Please plan to attend. You and your student will have the opportunity to learn more about high school life, ask questions and visit the Activity Fair.
STUDENTS AND PARENTS – VARIETY SHOW AUDITIONS: The WMS Variety Show Audition Time Slots are now available on Sign-Up Genius. Please follow this link to sign your group up for a time. Please read everything thoroughly before choosing an audition time slot! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0849ADAE2DAB9-wmsvariety
PARENTS: By helping your students sign up for an audition time slot, you are giving permission for them to audition and participate in the WMS Variety Show. With VERY little rehearsal time before the show, every student MUST be available for the full rehearsal schedule. If students are not available for mandatory rehearsals and both shows, they may NOT participate in the audition process. IF your child’s act is cast, we hope you will be able to volunteer the week of the show as it takes many hands to make this possible. Please list your GROUP NAME AND a description of your act on the time slot (skit, song, piano, juggling, etc?). List EVERY student in the group under comments. Group Members will be required to fill out an Audition Form AT the Audition.
Please list your GROUP NAME AND a description of your act on the time slot (skit, song, piano, juggling, etc?). List EVERY student in the group under comments. Group Members will be required to fill out an Audition Form AT the Audition.
After School Rehearsals: (IF you are cast, you will be called for one or the other): Monday, April 14, 4-6:30 p.m. OR Monday, April 21, 4-6:30 p.m.
Mandatory Rehearsal: Tuesday, April 29, 3:45 – 7:15 p.m. (could end early and students may be released as they are finished).
Final Mandatory Dress Rehearsal: Thursday, May 1 from 3:45 p.m.-7:15 p.m. (time may alter slightly).
Shows: Friday, May 2 and Saturday, May 3, 7:00 p.m. both nights
STUDENTS and PARENTS: Please Read!
1. An audition time slot does NOT guarantee that you will be selected for the show. We wish everyone could be cast, but we have limited time to stage this performance!
2. Practice, practice, practice!!! ONLY acts that are fully prepared and ready at auditions will be considered for the Variety Show. All skits, songs, dances must be memorized at the audition (exception is sheet music if playing instrument). Auditioners MUST wear costumes, bring props, bring music, bring c.d. player or speakers if needed. We want to see what the final act will look like – not a work in progress.
3. The theme is ROCK and ROLL – but your act does NOT have to fit in the theme.
4. This is not a recital…. it is a VARIETY show, and we are looking for ALL kinds of talent!
5. There is some safety in numbers. Consider getting a group of friends together to audition. There is limited space for solo acts this year.
6. Each Act MUST BE less than 4 minutes in length. Your audition will be cut short if you are longer. Time yourself when you are practicing.
7. Each student may ONLY audition for ONE ACT total. IF you are in a school ensemble (Rodeo Strings or Fiddling Cowboys) then you may also audition for that group, but no more than one audition per student will be considered other than school required groups.
8. Eighth Graders may audition to be an EMCEE AND audition with their own act. However, if you are accepted for one, it doesn’t necessarily guarantee you are accepted for the other. If you plan to audition for both you will need TWO audition time slots as indicated.
9. Be creative and have fun! We want to see you enjoy the process. Thanks for participating.
Important Make it Happen information: We have to re-schedule our field trip to the Freestore that was planned for tomorrow, Wednesday the 9th because of the bus transportation. We will let you know as soon as we get a date.
French Club: French Club is back! Everyone is welcome to join, it is never too late. We will see you today after school in room 34.
Any 8th grade boy interested in playing soccer next season should plan to attend a brief meeting in the high school cafeteria right after school on April 17th.
- Questions – contact Stephen T. Thomas
- Email: Steve.Thomas@advantech.com
Cheerleading Try-outs: It’s time for cheerleading try-outs for next fall and winter. Interested in cheerleading? Pick up a packet in the office. Try-outs start Monday, April 14th after school in the high school gym.
STUDENTS Please go to the following link for information about summer athletic camps being offered this year: http://athletics2000.com/WyomingCS/Documents/2014%20Wyoming%20Camp%20Information.pdf