Dear 6th Grade Families,
In preparation tomorrow’s Camp Kern trip, I want to communicate our plan for drop-off and pick-up. Please see below for further details:
- If possible, please drop off your student at 8:30 a.m. instead of the normal time.
- Bolton/Sanders/McGlynn homerooms will drop off in the typical location in the Senior Lot.
- Kunkel Stephens/Hayner homerooms will drop off in the gravel staff lot off of Burns Ave.
If families carpool with another family from the opposite drop-off area, please use the Senior Lot drop- off area. We understand if families must drop off at the normal time due to work and other commitments. If you must drop off at our normal time, please use the gravel staff lot. After dropping off his/her luggage, the student will go to homeroom as normal.
- Pick-up will take place at 12:00 on Friday 11/15/2013.
- Please do not arrive before 12:00 as we need to be sure we have space for the buses to enter school property.
- All students must be picked up by 12:30 to ensure that the lots are clear for WHS Seniors to re-enter school property.
- Parents should use the same location as drop-off for pick-up.
- Students will not eat lunch at Camp Kern on Friday as previously planned. The funds saved will be used for the 6th grade end of year party at the Wyoming Recreation Department.
Bone Marrow Drive: As many of you are aware, sixth grade teacher Teddy Bolton’s husband, Miles, is scheduled for a bone marrow transplant later this month. There is not a lot we can do for Teddy and Miles at this time. However, in Miles’s honor, we are running a bone marrow drive at the high school on November 21. Miles was lucky enough to find an almost perfect match through the international registry, and it is his wish that we help others in the same situation.
Attached is information about the drive. In addition to the drive, we are trying to raise money to help offset the cost of adding donors to the registry. See the flyer for details. Please go to the following attachments: Bone Marrow Flyer Front, Bone Marrow Flyer Back
8th Grade Yearbook ads are due on Monday, November 18th. Ads will not be accepted after this date. Please go to the following attachment for more information and an ad form: 8th Grade Ads for Yearbook 13
Student Directories have arrived! They will be coming home soon.
Middle School Wrestling Team looking for New Wrestlers: Any 7th and 8th grade boy interested in wrestling this year, it’s not too late to sign-up. There are 16 weight classes so if you weigh 70 lbs or 240 lbs, there is a spot for you. If you have any interest in the team, please come to the High School Cafeteria this week after school at 3:30 p.m. to talk with Coach Grunenberg and watch a practice. There are no bench-warmers – Everybody will wrestle!