- WMS MAGAZINE FUNDRAISER! The Chairs of the Middle School Magazine Sale would like to remind everyone that this awesome fundraiser begins August 28th and will continue until September 19th. This is a wonderful fundraiser to benefit the schools and is very simple. Just buy a magazine subscription or renew one you already have! We encourage all students and their families to participate. Funds from this fundraiser go to offset the cost of the 6th grade Camp Kern and the 8th grade Chicago trips, each grades’ fundraising going to their trips respectively. Plus they help provide for all the other great PSA-sponsored events! Please contact Dominica Ehrlich (821-5014), Kristen Gettins (821-2789), or Beth Easton (761-0513) with any questions you may have.” Please volunteer to help with the magazine sale! Go to www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0F45A8AA28A13-wmsmagazine
- Homework Place: Homework Place opens today. It will be open from 3:15 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Thursday. This year it will be held in Modular 3, room 18 which is Mr. Rensberger’s room. Mrs. Murray will be there to supervise and assist you. Homework Place is a relaxed and supervised place for WMS students to work on homework or projects. It is also an ideal space in which to meet with others when working on group projects.
- Computer Lab: Computer Lab opens today. It will be open from 3:15 p.m. until 4:45 p.m. Monday thru Thursday. Computers are to be used for academic purposes only. The computer lab is located in modular 3 in Room 33. The computer lab is is supervised by Wyoming Middle School staff.
- PSA MEMBERSHIP DUE SEPTEMBER 15! SAVE US A PHONE CALL! Please submit your PSA Directory/Membership form and payment no later than 9/15. The Wyoming Student Directory includes information for Wyoming City School families, teacher and administration. Each family who wishes to be listed in the directory MUST submit a completed form. You do not need to be in, or buy a directory to be a PSA member. PSA members receive the PSA monthly e-newsletter, The Lariat. Forms can be found at www.wyomingpsa.org. Got questions? Contact Julia Taylor at 761-3997 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
We Are Half Way There!
To the Wyoming Community:
Thank you for a very successful Super Saturday! Many of you welcomed our Student Athletes into your homes! Thank you for your generous support of Wyoming Athletics.
We are half way to our goal. So, if you still have the boosters envelope and want to support our Student Athletes please send your donation in. All of the monies raised go directly to the various sports teams at the High School and Middle School for uniforms, equipment and scholarships.
As a reminder, there are four ways to support the Boosters- Cattleman (Lifetime Membership) $2,000, Super Boosters $225, Empty Nesters $125 or by making a cash donation.
To save money, we do not mail Admission Passes. The Passes can be picket up at the following events-
- Friday 8/23 At the Gate before the Boys Varsity Wyoming football Scrimmage
- Monday 8/26 At the Gate before the Girls Varsity Soccer Game
- Tuesday 8/27 from 7-8pm stop by The Marty’s Home at 315 Reily Rd
- Friday 8/30 at the Gate before the Aiken Vs Wyoming football Game
Tim & Christine Marty
- For more Wyoming Booster information, please go to the following link: 2013_08_booster_flyer
- Get ready for CAMP ROCK, the fall WMS Musical! Attention All 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th graders Auditions for CAMP ROCK will be held next week, time and date to be announced. There will be an audition form to complete with all conflicts listed and students must have parent permission to audition. Students will need to prepare one song (16 bars or 1 verse plus 1 chorus) to be sung a capella or bring accompaniment on your iPod and own speakers — this is not to be a Camp Rock song, but anything Broadway style or Pop Music. Students will be asked to do a cold reading from the script at the audition as well. Rehearsals will be after school most weekdays and the musical will be Friday and Saturday October 18 and 19.Look for more information on the blog at www.wyomingms.blogspot.com
- We had our first fire drill of the year this morning. It went very smoothly with everyone exiting the building in a quiet and orderly manner.
- Thursday, August 29th is Open House for grades 5 and 6. Open House will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Middle School Modular Complex.
- Student grades and homework can be accessed through the Blackboard Parent Portal. New ProgressBook accounts will be issued in the near future along with information about them.
- The Middle School office is temporarily located in building #1, Room #1 of the WMS modular complex. We expect to move into our office within the next week.
- Message from the Nurse to Parents of 7th graders: Your 7th grader’s Tdap (tetanus booster) immunization documentation must be on file by September 10, 2013 or your child will be excluded from school starting September 11th until it is provided.
- Parents: Please let your child know if you are planning to pick him/her up after school. If your plan for the day changes please let the school know so we can communicate the change to your child.
- Student Council: There will be a meeting on Wednesday, August 28th at 7:30 a.m. in Room 15.