- Grades 7 & 8 Open House: The staff at Wyoming Middle School would like to invite you to Open House tonight for grades seven and eight, at 7:00 p.m. These programs are designed for parents only and provide a wonderful opportunity to meet the teachers and learn about their classes. Please report to your child’s homeroom class for your child’s schedule. Please get this information from your child. For your convenience, teachers’ homeroom locations will be posted in the marble hallway. There is also an eighth grade parent meeting in Fay Auditorium at 6:30 p.m. prior to open house to discuss the eighth grade Chicago trip. We look forward to seeing you at Open House. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the main office at 206-7170.
- The first turn-in date for the Magazine Fundraiser is tomorrow, September 6th. Students can turn in their forms in the gym before school.
- Next week school fees will be collected at the Middle School. Fees for grades 5 & 6 are $35.00 and for grades 7 & 8 are $45.00. Please make checks payable to the “Wyoming Board of Education. ” Fees may also be paid online. Please go to www.wyomingcityschools.org and click on the “Parent” tab. There you will find the link for student fees.
- Attention 7th and 8th Graders: Your Language Arts class may be having James Dashner, author of the Maze Runner Series, a New York Times bestseller, coming to your class on September 11th. If you would like a copy of one of his books – “The Kill Order” or “Infinity Ring” – turn in your order form by this Friday to your Language Arts teacher.
- Parents of 7th graders: Mrs. Sherman, R.N., our school nurse, MUST have documentation of your child’s Tdap immunization by 9/14/12 or your child will be EXCLUDED from school starting Monday 9/17/12 until it is provided. Also, for a student to play on a school team, the sports physical must be on an OHSAA physical form.
- Middle School Sports Recognition Night is Friday, September 7th at the football game – 7:30 p.m.
- WSMA will be holding its annual Tailgate Party on Friday, September 7, before the varsity football game against Madison. Join us for a delicious dinner catered by City Barbecue. Come learn about the great activities planned by the Wyoming Music Department, meet the music teachers, and hear a special performance by the Marching Band. You’ll be early enough to get a great parking spot, and it’s just a short walk to the football field to catch the High School Strings playing the Star Spangled Banner to kick off the game.Last year’s party was a huge hit! Don’t worry about cooking for the family before the game — we’ll feed everyone from 6:00 – 7:15. Vegetarian and kid options are offered as well. More information and an RSVP form can be found on our website at: wyomingmusic.org under the Events tab. Questions? Contact Karen Kent at 821-2336 or kejkent@AOL.com. Go to the following attachment for more details 2012-09 Tailgate flyer
- Make It Happen 2012-2013 – This club is open to all Wyoming Middle School students who want to learn about helping others and become more aware of different challenges affecting Wyoming and beyond.Leaders:Mrs. Anglim, (Teacher) Mrs. Jordan (Parent) & Mrs. Angie Reichert-Hester (WYSB)Contact us with any questions big or small at firstname.lastname@example.orgMeeting Dates and Times: We do our best to keep meeting regularly (with a few exceptions) on every 1st and 3rdMonday from 3:15 pm to 4:00 pm in Mrs. Anglim’s room. This club has open enrollment and is flexible to students sport and other extra curricular activities.Monday, September 10thMonday, September 24th
Saturday, October 6th Fall Festival Booth (volunteers are needed)
Monday, October 8th
Monday, October 22nd
Monday, November 12th
Monday, November 26th
Sunday, December 9th Light Up Wyoming (volunteer as a family)
Monday, December 10th
Remaining meeting times will be announced later. We are looking for parent volunteers and snack donations. Please ask your parents to email us if they are interested.
- Go to the following link for more calendar information.